History

The Scottish Stores was designed by the architects Wylson and Long in 1901. Originally an Inn, it was named by virtue of the haunches of Venison hung in the bar awaiting their sale by visiting Scots traders.

 

With a very large nod to the past and following a loving refurbishment of the fantastic Grade 2 listed interiors, the pub was restored to its original name and The Scottish Stores re-opened in December 2015 with three small, wood-panelled bars and an Arts & Crafts feel to the décor.