The Scottish Stores was designed by the architects Wylson and Long in 1901. Originally an Inn, it got named by virtue of the haunches of Venison hung in the bar awaiting their sale by visiting Scots traders.
Into the 1980’s pub was re-named as "The Flying Scotsman" and became well known as one of the last remaining strippers pubs in London!
With a very large nod to the past and following a loving refurbishment of the fantastic Grade 2 listed interiors, the pub was restored to its original name and The Scottish Stores re-opened in December 2015 with three small, wood-panelled bars and an Arts & Crafts feel to the décor.
Its main focus is as an Ale and Craft Beer House, catering to local residents and businesses, also station travellers and tourists alike with an ever-rotating beer range sourced from Kent to Iceland!